Autodesk has released version 2018.2. This release has a ton of enhancements. Those enhancements are listed below...
What's New help index
First off, check out the What's New in Autodesk InfraWorks help topic, which has hyperlinks to learning resources for features that have seen updates or improvements, as well as new functionality. You can also see which features were introduced in previous releases of Autodesk InfraWorks.
Updated tutorials for component-based roadway design:
We've added new tutorials about working with component roads.
New Help topics about key updates:
- Prefixes for labels on component roads make it easier to distinguish between fixed stations and horizontal geometry. Labels for points of change to horizontal spiral-curve-spiral geometry include a non-configurable prefix.
- Spiral layout editing is improved in canvas and in the Stack. Curve radius, curve length, and A values for Spiral In and Spiral Out are now shown-in canvas. The curve radius and A values are editable in-canvas as well. Click on the curve radius value label or an A value label and input new values to directly modify that curve property in-canvas.
- Create road and bridge decorations from parametric content created in Autodesk Inventor. You can add, modify, or review parametric decorations in the City Furniture > Decorations folder within the Parametric Models tab of the Style Palette. For further customization, you can use Autodesk Inventor to create and configure parametric components for use in InfraWorks bridge design.
- Preview a bridge component immediately when adding it through the Style Palette. The Configure Paramteric Models dialog now shows when required parameters from Autodesk Inventor have been properly configured. We've also updated the Configure Parametric Models dialog with added import/export options, and made some adjustments to formatting of the sizing and part editing tables, to enhance your workflows.
- Review labeled dimensions of bridge components such as piers, girders, and girder groups in-canvas. Bridge component dimension labels are not editable in-canvas, but provide information and visual feedback to help in modifying and reviewing the overall bridge design. You can modify the corresponding bridge component dimensions in the Stack. If you need more information about a specific dimension label, hover over the corresponding value in the Stack to view a tooltip with more information.
Quantities and Analysis Tools
- View road, bridge, and drainage material quantities within a specified station range, for multiple, selected roads, and within a selected area of interest (AOI) such as a parcel, easement, or right of way. You select the AOI and then run the Material Quantities tool to display the results in the Material Quantities panel. The values calculated and shown will change if you adjust the extents of the AOI polygon. An image displays next to the tool in the Analysis Hub to indicate that Station Range is currently turned on and the selected area of the road is highlighted in canvas.
- Control the display of in-canvas labels for the view from the Interaction View Settings dialog.
Infrastructure Content Authoring
- Use the Infrastructure Parts Shape Utilities tools in Autodesk Inventor to author, customize, and export parametric road decorations, bridge components, drainage structures, piping equipment, or pipes and fittings that are compatible with Autodesk InfraWorks and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
You can read more in depth from Elliott Rosenfeld's post here.